TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1. Information We May Receive From You. We may collect information from you, including, but not limited to your first name, last name, email, profile photo, job title, industry, employer when you create an account to log in to our network or at other times. We retain information that you post or store through your account and/or on our website. If you exchange any messages through our site or through our service, we may store those as well. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply, and any information that you submit to us, such as a resume. We will collect any information you upload to the Service. For example, when you provide us with answers to questions, provide video responses or participate in video conferences for role-playing, we retain that information.
2. Information We May Receive From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you are employed by a company or are seeking employment with a company, we may receive information about you from such company. This information could include, but is not limited to, information provided by a past, current, or potential employer. If you link your SkillStore account to any third party website (e.g. Facebook or LinkedIn) we may receive information about you from those sites. We also may use third parties to assist in providing the services (e.g., payment processors, video services providers, third party support functionality) and we may receive information from those third parties in connection with providing the Services. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the service. You may also unlink your third party account from the service by adjusting your settings on the third party service and emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Do Not Track. We do not respond to browser-based “do not track” signals. However, some third party sites who push consent to our site do keep track of your browsing activities over time and across different websites when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you.
Use of Your Data
5. General Use. In general, information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. SkillStore uses your information for research and marketing purposes; to facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network; identify you as a user in our system; provide improved administration of our website and services; improve the quality of experience when you interact with our website and services; send you administrative e-mail notifications; respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests; send promotional communications; send upgrades and special offers related to our services and for other marketing purposes of SkillStore or our third party companies; make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback. We may also contact you about a professional opportunity in which you may be interested.
6. Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create anonymous data records from information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our services and improve site navigation. SkillStore reserves the right to use and disclose anonymous data to third party companies for any purpose in its discretion.
Disclosure of Your information
9. Other Disclosures. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your information (as described below), SkillStore may disclose information if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on SkillStore; or (b) protect or defend the rights or property of SkillStore or users of the services.
11. Clients. In the course of our services, we may disclose your personal information to clients who have engaged our services. We disclose assessment and other information to the employer/client that has engaged us and to designated client personnel. We share progress, performance and behavioral information with the employer through whom you were invited to participate in SkillStore. Assessment and other personal information collected by us or provided by our client may be maintained at a client site or in our database, to which our client, and certain personnel designated by our client, will have access both during and after the conclusion of our assignment. In the course of our services, we may provide personal information regarding candidates, including the results of assessments taken through our Services and related data, to prospective employers that have engaged us to fulfill search requests, or to reference sources.
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
13. Changes to Information. You may change any of your information in your account by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below. You may request deletion of your information by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
14. A Note to Users Outside of the United States. Your information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
SkillStore has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit http://www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.